The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (commonly known as FIDIC, acronym for its French name Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils) is an international standards organization for the consulting engineering & construction best known for the family of contract templates.
FIDIC, in the furtherance of its goals, publishes international standard forms of contracts for works and for clients, consultants, sub-consultants, joint ventures and representatives, together with related materials such as standard pre-qualification forms.
It is best known for its range of contracts that includes the:
- the Red Book: Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer;
- the Yellow Book: Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build;
- the Silver Book: Conditions of Contract for EPC/Turnkey Projects;
- the Green Book: Conditions of Short Form of Contract.
Additional forms include:
- the Blue Book: Contract for Dredging and Reclamation Works
- the White Book: Client/Consultant Model Services Agreement
- the Gold Book: Design, Build and Operate Projects
- MDB/FIDIC Contract: FIDIC conditions incorporated in the standard bidding documents of multilateral development banks.